Sunday 29 January 2017

TEENAGE PREGNANCY (DEBATEABLE POST).



Sex is a choice between two consenting adults and when I see teenage girls moving around with protruding stomachs, I wonder; how did this happen?, how did the baby get there?……WiFi, Bluetooth, flashshare or rather xender?. Somebody please answer (lol).  Now Sarcasm aside, this is a much more bigger issue than I thought.

For a whole week I kept seeing different teenage girls with pregnancy. My thought is how are they feeling?. And then I give kudos to their parents for allowing them keep their babies since I am not a fan of abortion. Sometimes trying to correct one mistake (abortion) could be costlier than accepting it (keeping your baby).

I read an article sometimes back which said that research shows that women who give birth after the age of 25 have greater chances of living long when compared to women who give birth before the age of 25. I don’t want to concern myself with the health risk, the shame the teenagers have to live with, the way society reacts to teenage pregnancy, how it affects the lives of the teenagers and finally how their parents have to cope with it because the result is not always a friendly one.

My concern is where did it go wrong, who did not do their home works well; parents, teachers, religion or lack of it, over protectiveness or lack of it, too much of civilization or lack of it, unlimited access to the internet or lack of it, lack of sex education or too much of it (for our teenagers who like to experiment) or should the male involved know better?

I stand to be corrected, I believe the male or rather men involved are of a higher age and should know better. Most times they are adults. So is sex with a teenager rape since they are not adults (I don’t believe they have the choice of consenting or not) or sex.

Comments are very much welcomed
#beautyallaround #openurhearttoseeit