Sunday 29 January 2017

FAMILY.

I have always wanted to write on this topic but I wasn’t able to put the words together. Being in the right environment and in the mood of celebration, I feel happy to finally be able to hold my pen and write on this topic.

A family is said to be the smallest unit in the society but in the real sense of it, it is not. The bond,the love and the togetherness shared here is greater than the society as a whole.  I have not had time to sit and think or really notice how much my family means to me but I know better now after deciding this topic as a case study(smiles).  After going out and not seen them for a very long time I understand better. It is really true that distance makes the heart grow fonder.  After getting back from church on Sunday and everybody is at home I start to realise how happy I always am whenever I am with this particular set of people. Watching my parents smile and watching my siblings laugh and running around I realised how important it is for me to always want to see this.  I could keep watching the laughter and smiles everyday of my life.  I also noticed how important it is for me to be a part of the reason they are smiling and laughing.

As a family when we get angry at each other or even shout at each other, they don’t always last and the next minute we are playing together again. As a family we get each other’s back and fill in for each other’s short comings.

Till now I haven’t put much thoughts to  people I consider my true friends.  If u will agree with me you will also notice that people you consider your very good friends after a while you start to consider them a part of your family.  Either you consider them your brother or a sister. That is now considering them more than a friend.  This because having a family is very important to anybody.

 After all the hustle and seriousness attached to a year from the beginning which is January to the end December I bless God for the birth of Jesus and a date being fixed before the end of the year to celebrate.  So we all get to put the hustling and the seriousness aside and just be happy. Which means no more parents going to work and siblings going to school or me going back to go and finish my one year enslavement(lol). I know you are laughing back at me that it is just for a while but I bet you I am going to make the most of it and I bet you will do the same.

With the joy of the holidays in the air and the celebration of Christ in mind I know I will be getting and seeing a lot of laughter and smiles so I hope to watch and enjoy every moment of it and make a memory of it that will last me till the end of next year. I need it to carry me through the hustle and seriousness of next year(lol). I will try not to be too stingy and do an edited version of this topic which will be on how this holiday went with me, my family and friends.

From the song used in lion King 2 “we are more than we are, we are one family” and I also thank God for creating this unit called family.