Sunday 29 January 2017

OLAF (my precious animation friend).

Can I ever outgrow animation stories? Does it mean I am still a kid?. Why do I like the character olaf so much?…… You will Find out after reading.

It is tricky right……. Olaf is suppose to be a snow man but he likes  warm hugs.  I can’t picture why anybody will not like olaf especially if you like to give warm hugs. Olaf as a character is very interesting.
Olaf has so many good character but I will be progressing from his childish innocence because to me was what led to his other good attributes as a character.

Olaf has this childish innocence round about him that even when the reindeer wanted to eat his carrot nose he told the reindeer"i know you are trying to kiss my nose but I like you too".  Does it mean he was oblivious to the fact that the reindeer wanted to eat his nose (reindeers love carrot)? Ofcourse he knew . Then why did he give that response to the reindeer?.

Meeting olaf for the first time he talked about summer without knowing he will die when summer comes. He just rattled on and had his own thoughts of how to enjoy summer and then he sang (I love the song olaf sang about summer). Even when olaf knew he will melt he was still helping out to bring summer back with careless abandon. He was willing to sacrifice his life for the common good of everybody.

Olaf had his really funny moment but the one that really cracked me up was when olaf considered himself a love expert, can you Imagine that (lol). Olaf was also ignorant but not in a stupid way it was wonderful ignorance.  If there is any such word.

Olaf was protective of everybody even protected the reindeer that wanted to eat his nose but that singular act made them best of friends at the end of the show. That is why one of the sentences that captured my heart from the show is “only an act of true love can fall a frozen, heart”. Olaf persistence stay with the reindeer even with his nose at risk and showing him love let the reindeer become olaf friend. It is noteworthy that olaf loves his nose because to him it added to his beauty.

I could keep talking about olaf but I want to draw lessons from his character. To me frozen is not just a cartoon I learnt from the story but olaf’s character intrigued me more.

His childish innocence , protective ability, funny nature, love, wonderful ignorance, willingness to give up his life for the good of everybody, his care for the people around him and so on. As adult we can learn from olaf.