Sunday 29 January 2017

HOW I SPENT MY CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY

This topic is a funny one right (lol). It reminds me of my primary school essay topics. I remember after every Christmas Holiday our first English assignment is always how I spent my Christmas Holiday (lol).
For this year I broke my first law of Christmas which is to not go anywhere and just stay home with my family and enjoy the day. But today I went out (yes I did lol) and that is because a new life is involved (Yay…. So happy). A new baby which Means double the celebration.
Usually I spend more than half of my Christmas day in the kitchen after which I freshen up and then hang my feet on the table sipping drink (lol), watching TV and having my siblings run around (for people who have younger siblings, u know how it can be lol) while I have to drag for the TV remote with my brother if I want to change the channel (we all always have that one big bully right…….lol).
This year was a really different year. It was a beautiful morning and I woke up to a confession (let me spare u guys the details… Winks lolz). After which I decided I wanted set off fireworks (I never use to do that but this year I did and it was awesome…….lol) and then the cooking, cooking, cooking. After cooking I went out (smiles). I went first to see the new born, the major reason I broke my first law of Christmas. Getting there, there was talks of who the baby looks like and the joy of motherhood and then all the talks of your time and all that (let me spare u guys the story but they were pretty interesting to listen to) after which I left and then I stopped by at a friend turned sister’s house. I just met her but we clicked. We have gotten quite close too.
I got an awesome welcome. Her dad even came out to say hello to me. After chatting for a while and of course taking the menu menu I was offered (I even had to turn down some….i don’t want to add any pound after Christmas lol) she walked me a little distance on my way home and then that was when the talking started. We talked a few minutes about every other thing, then She told me things that touched my heart . The first thing she said was “do you know I am always happy when I am around you”. I didn’t know and she told me she even told her dad this and that about me (let me spare u guys the details….lol but they really made my head swell) and her dad said I am a friend to be kept (Doyin really I am honoured) and that was why he came out to say hello to me specifically. She made me feel blessed to be who i am( I guess this is really what Christmas is about, giving positive energy to People and Doyin I am happy we crossed path). To think I left her house early because I wanted to get home on-time to watch jenifa’s diary(lol…. i never miss that show) but I ended up getting home late (awww… but it was worth it). Today I broke a few laws and it was okay(lolz). In all, my Christmas was a simple one but it was full and I enjoyed it.
Hope u all had a wonderful Christmas and let’s remember to give positive energy to others (hugs&kisses).