Wednesday 4 October 2017

MY COMEBACK.....

Smiling........So once in a while I come in here to see how tall the grasses are growing, the weeds taking over the whole the place, cobwebs everywhere and all sorts of imaginable things on an abandoned piece of land (lol...) but each time I leave with a longing in my heart to have my comeback. I mean, I miss my times here and for the life of me can't really remember why I kept pushing my comeback (still thinking.....).

Writing is my get away thing and I have a lot on my note pad already (never stopped writing). After taking the long break my first intention was to have my come back with my story ( my life story) in a series. I had that planned long before I took the break I never intended will take me this long to come back from but I had to cut my break short (shines teeth).

I wanted to share my life story firstly because I wanted to say something to someone, anyone. Sort of make them understand there is someone else here writing (lol...) Probably who can understand and be a shoulder. Secondly because I got several offers and opportunities both locally and internationally during my break to write stories but never took them because I feel I write only articles. So starting with my Story I hope will trigger the imaginary part of my brain for fictional stories (shrugs....lol). Be rest assured I am not dropping the challenge but only pushing it forward, so anticipate.

While on my break I have been asked severally why aren't you blogging again and most times I just give a blank stare with nothing reasonable in my brain to give as my reason (lol...). I know well enough there is no excuse no matter how busy or well not so busy (eyes rolling..) as i might think so I always say "I still blog but just on a break" (scratches head......but did I really stop blogging?). I have had to refer severally to my blog during the past months and remembered I took the break to come back better so it was always on my mind. But I had several encounters that made me realise it was irresponsibility to keep stalling. There were people who followed up and still follow up.

It became more and more necessary each passing day. IFTTT has been a constant reminder to write on my blog and not my note pad, friends&family. Two recent scenarios really made me cut short my holiday. I got a call two days back from a friend and all this person just called to ask was "why have you not done any podcast recently" ( I was dumbstruck ) my saving grace was that, I was where I couldn't talk for long so I excused my self (lol...). I take it as my responsibility to have good answers when asked about my blog and besides, that question could have waited till we saw each other as we live not far apart. Same day, another friend ( how became friends is still amazing as no one would have thought it possible) asked about my blog only after exchanging pleasantries then was when I took a deep breath and decided to cut short the holiday. I have been thinking about it so i just needed to stop thinking (lol...). I understood it could only be out of goodwill and I am sincerely grateful.

So I am back, better and you all really need follow up. Next week I have female genital mutilation as my topic (you don't want to miss). I really want it to be a podcast but I hope I get every guest I want to talk on the podcast together and ready, if not it will be an interesting writeup

STAY TUNED........XOXO.