Wednesday 5 April 2017

CYBER DATING.

I was on facebook some few days back and my aunty chatted me up, I went on facebook messenger to reply her when I noticed a part with filtered messages. I decided to check  the content and saw old messages that I never got around to reply. I just kept laughing at how absurd some of those messages were.

Clearly I am not a fan of cyber dating and I think it is immaturity for people who search for love on social media. I remember when I first opened a facebook account the messages (which were mostly from guys) were much worse then, than now. I think people are beginning to mature or learn that not everything looks as it seems. (no offense to the guys reading.... Lol).

I have this policy of not replying messages if I thought you over stepping your boundaries (though I hardly chat on those social media I consider to be very public) and just believe friends on social media should stay on social media (I accept if some people should say that I am rigid, well that's fine.....lol).

I accept anybody who sends me request on my social media account except for accounts that I consider to be very personal (whatsapp and Bbm) but then I don't think I know up to 15% of friends personally who are my friends on social media (so some people may think that why did I accept them or why did they send the request in the first place????).

I consider social media a place to interact and share ideas and not a place to search for love. It's appaling because I wonder if people who do it have searched around them. Wikipedia said "Social media are computer-mediated technologies that facilitate the creation and sharing of
information , ideas, career interests and other forms of expression via virtual communities and networks" (well defined... Winks). So this is my major reason for accepting people I don't know, not replying people who try to get all personal and as for those who send the request.....well I don't know lol.

I remember one guy got so angry and sent me a message that it took me more than two years to accept his request and ever since then he has been sending me several hellos that I did not reply him. He did not even wait for me to reply his message when I noticed he deleted me ( lol........what he did not know was there was a time I stayed off social media for a long time and when I got back I had so many requests and messages. It took me long to go through all of the request and messages) while I don't think I owed him an apology I just thought why did he take it so personal..... ROFL.

I consider life on social media fake and there are so many insincere people there. The original concept behind social media has been misused and people see it now as a place to show off. I never take it to heart. I never take anything I find there real likewise the search for love there. I know someone is thinking "but I heard of stories of people who found true love there" (there is always an exception to the rule and they are one out the 100 many who got themselves into cyber dating).

While I don't expect you to agree with me on my thoughts if you want to search for love on social media but I just wish you will be more thoughtful and matured about your decision.

Comments are welcomed.......xoxo.