Wednesday 22 February 2017

WHAT IS LOVE?.

Some nights back while I was on my bed and gradually drifting off to sleep, my phone beeped and it was a message but my sleepy self was going to ignore the message but my heart tugged at me to check the message. Knowing fully well that if I didn't check the message I won't sleep so I gave in and reluctantly checked what it was.


It was a message from a good friend of mine and quite a lengthy message saying love is this and love is that and asked me if really that is what love is. So I replied him saying "love conquers all and all of the attributes you mentioned are true.....that I know." so I resumed to drift off again when my phone beeped again. Same friend asking another question "WHAT IS LOVE" in capital letter. The answer was a simple one but I knew answering him would mean more questions and I really needed to get my beauty sleep (lol) so I called him to say "I will answer your question but as a blog post. You can read up to see my answer but I really want to sleep". So that is how I find myself moving my topic of this week to next week (smiles........).


Still in my sleepy state before finally allowing myself to sleep, I answered the question in my heart "love is love" simple.


Writing now I am asking myself howelse do I describe the word that brought about creation, same word that brought about the very existence of man. Where else can I find the answer to the question if not in the question itself. No greater word to define love if not defining it in itself. Every word used to describe love will always come back to take it true meaning from the word itself (love). Patience, trust, affection, care, selflessness, long-suffering e.t.c all take their root from love. That is why I said love is love.


Love is an action and a doing word. A conscious effort to act and to do, a conscious effort to see it all around you, a conscious effort to  give it to others, a conscious effort to show it to others, a conscious effort to see it in others, a conscious effort to continue to make that conscious effort.


A conscious effort to find it everywhere. In simple gestures like a handshake, a hug, in receiving a smile and giving a smile, in laughter. Something as simple as saying hello.  When we make such efforts to find love in simple things then it becomes a part of us, it's much easier to give it to others and much easier to find it all around you.

Agree or disagree comments are welcomed. Kisses and hugs.