Thursday 11 May 2017

PREGNANT WOMEN AND THE BANKING SECTOR.

seeing this topic, the first thought is "what sort of topic is this" lol..... I couldn't think of any better topic for the issue I want to talk about. I had female genital mutilation prepared for this week but that post seem to love to still rest a little in my archived post. Been pushing that post for weeks now but hopefully I will get around someday to do it plus this topic seems too interesting to me to  be achieved (smiles).

Some few days back, I went to the bank to do some transactions and there I found out something very interesting I didn't know was a norm in banks. I have gotten used to spending a minimum of one hour in the bank these days because of the large crowd and when I get there, I stay on the queue and not make a fuss over the crowd and time spent. By now I have an understanding of not going close to the bank if I have other important things to do.

On this particular day a lady on another queue kept making a fuss about how the queue was not moving and how people who just came into the bank were going straight to the front to carry out their transactions. She kept on like that for a while until it was explained to her that those people she was talking about were actually pregnant women and it was a rule in the bank that all pregnant and nursing mothers don't queue. Once they get into the bank they are to be attended to immediately. That didn't stop her from complaining still.

The whole issue was a funny one and that was the first time I was hearing about that rule. I was thinking why she didn't feel pregnancy or nursing a child was a justifiable reason for anyone to not stay on the queue. I am sure she had other pressing things to attend to judging from the way she responded to the bank policy on nursing and pregnant mothers.

Firstly, nobody deserves to spend the whole day in the bank or more time than the appropriate time in the bank Whether pregnant or not. At a point, the lady started insisting that she was pregnant too disturbing the quiet of the bank. I thought about what better policy can the banks implement. Such that avoids that kind of noise and disturbance I witnessed in the bank some few days back.

I understand where the lady is coming from and I also understand the banks wanting to care for pregnant women and nursing mothers. She must have felt it wasn't fair enough that simply because she is not pregnant, she should be chanced by one who was pregnant. She must have been thinking "I am a woman too" (lol).

I want us to comment our thoughts on this issue and let's remember to follow me on google+, subscribe to my blog and stay awesome

Kisses and hugs.